1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop my spam!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jgran, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jgran

jgran Thread Starter

Stop my spam!

I have been receiving an enormous amout of spam in the last few months. Most of it vulgar and disgusting. I have spent hours sending the address to my "Add senders to blocked sender list" &/or "Add sender domain to blocked sender list". This is useless because the spam senders simply change their email address by changing a single letter or a number .

80% of all spam comes from one country domain.

I have even found the "Security Options" screen, clicked on 'International', clicked on "Blocked top-viewed Domain List" and clicked on the country designation.

Despite all of these attempts, I still get the same number of spam emails. What do I have to do to stop this junk!
    -
    Thanks for any help or comments.

jgran
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4063 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 463216 MB, Free - 396203 MB; D: Total - 13521 MB, Free - 2219 MB;
    Motherboard: Quanta, 3628
    Antivirus: Webroot Internet Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. Rockn

Rockn

Sending out unsubscribe messages was probably the worst thing you could have possibly done. Now they know that this is a valid email address and you can probably expect the amount of SPAM to increase. You would need to either purchase an Anti SPAM gateway device or software that intercepts it before it gets to your inbox. You could also change to an email account like Gmail that has a SPAM filtering service as part of the account.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You can't stop it. All you can do is try to minimize what gets though to your inbox. If you tell us what email client (or browser if web mail) you use and your mail provider somebody may have specific suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice