1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stop NIC disconnection to all users

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by plschley, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plschley

plschley Thread Starter

I have a secondary domain controller (DC2) installed on Windows 2008R2 and is running as part of our network. I have had it online for over a year and all is fine. However, I would like some additional resources form the DC if I’m able to do so. Include is a copy of what I have installed. Other then AD, and DNS there is not much else added.

I have quite a few users who log on remotely. When I have any updates that require restarting of my primary DC (DC1), the network is basically down losing local area connection until DC1 is back on line. The NIC’s on all the user’s machine will show no internet or domain access. DC1 runs most services such as a file server, DHCP, DNS, AD, etc.

DC1 is a Windows 2008R2 running on a box along with a web server, and a SQL server and are VM's. DC2 is an independ machine and not part any VM.

What I looking for is DC2 to maintain network connection for the network so users don’t lose connection to IE if that’s even possible. I was thinking that by installing DC2, adding AD and DNS, would stop the NIC disconnection to all the users but it hasn’t. Any idea how I can set this up to work?

Listed is the services I have installed on DC2

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice