Stop Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BMelvin

This has happened twice. I wake up in the morning and my computer has a blue screen with a stop error message:0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0x804FDEBC,0xB99306B4,0x00000000).

Would you please tell me what to do to fix this problem.

Thank you,

Bryan

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

Can be for many reasons ...Hardware,memory etc...

Try and narrow it down by going to the EventViewer and look under System and Applications an look for a red X at about the time this may have happened.

Double click on the error and see what it says and if there is a blue hyperlink click on that for more info.

To get to EventViewer click Start>>Run type eventvwr.msc click OK

Let us know what you find.

do a search for the past 24 hours activity, then sort by date. The last several items listed should hint at the faulty pprogram or activity.
start/search/all files and folders/(pull down the sidebar)when was it modified/specific dates (enter yesterday thru todays date

sort the results by date then investigate the last several items

BMelvin

To Bonk and Knotbored:

After following your instructions and being directed to microsoft help and support it appears I may have a variant of the Hax virus. They give a resolution but it is so long and convoluted I don't think I can do it correctly since it involves the registry. Any suggestions?

I have Norton Antivirus and Internet protection but I guess it missed this one

BMelvin

I ran a full system scan on my computer with Norton's Antivirus and it only found a tracking cookie. Therefore I guess the HaxDoor virus isn't the problem. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

BMelvin said:
I ran a full system scan on my computer with Norton's Antivirus and it only found a tracking cookie. Therefore I guess the HaxDoor virus isn't the problem. Any other ideas?

Thank you.
Try a different virus scanner. There are free online ones. Try Panda.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online