1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop the password reset disk function

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KettleCheese, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KettleCheese

KettleCheese Thread Starter

Ok, first things first I completly locked myself out of my own comptuer. Then I broke into my own account and created a password reset disk. Now, anyone who types in a wrong password can reset it.

In other words no matter the password you enter it can open my account.

I'm the only user on this computer, no guest , admin, nothing. I'm trying not to create a new account in order to correct this probelm.

*Changing the password dose not correct this probelm.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

I don't think there is any other way around it except to make another account

3. cgesicki

cgesicki

you can run gpedit.msc (group policy editor) and from there go to

Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

and enable Interactive logon: Do not display last user name

4. KettleCheese

KettleCheese Thread Starter

nope i tried the above already. I'm going to have to create a new account I guess. this was my last hope :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/443588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice