Stop these screens from appearing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

terrace

:)Capture2.JPG The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?:)

Attachments

Hi, press the win + r keys together, in the run dialogue box copy paste:-

ms-settings:notifications (press enter)

Under Notifications you can turn off "Get tips tricks & suggestions...... I actually have ALL these options off, you suit yourself as to what you want.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is this on a Surface device and is running Windows 10?

If so what version of 10 do you have?

terrace

My computer is desktop i don`t know what surface device is. System details attached. Also, when i started the computer this morning the screen showed as in my attachment. Malwarebytes shows no problem.Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

Attachments

Hi, run dialogue box again copy paste:-

ms-settings personalization-start (press enter)

Make sure show suggestions occasionally is off, again I have all off.

As I notice TIP's showing in your screen shot Taskbar, you can open run and type:-

cmd (then press ctrl+shift+enter)

An elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy the 5 below cmd's and right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window, select paste, most will run, you need to press enter to run the last one. These mod's are perfectly safe, I write them myself and are used on millions of computers. They disable all windows Tip's.

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableSoftLanding /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v DoNotShowFeedbackNotifications /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace" /v AllowSuggestedAppsInWindowsInkWorkspace /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

terrace

Hi, run dialogue box again copy paste:-

ms-settings personalization-start (press enter)

Make sure show suggestions occasionally is off, again I have all off.

As I notice TIP's showing in your screen shot Taskbar, you can open run and type:-

cmd (then press ctrl+shift+enter)

An elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy the 5 below cmd's and right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window, select paste, most will run, you need to press enter to run the last one. These mod's are perfectly safe, I write them myself and are used on millions of computers. They disable all windows Tip's.

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableSoftLanding /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v DoNotShowFeedbackNotifications /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace" /v AllowSuggestedAppsInWindowsInkWorkspace /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Hello, what do you mean copy and paste? It`s ok i worked it out.

Last edited:

terrace

Thank You heaps. I have done that and see how it goes. i`ll get back to you.:)

terrace

Did what you said, going better but the Edge one popped up after a few days but i haven`t seen it for a while.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online