1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop these screens from appearing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by terrace, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

:) Capture2.JPG The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?:)

Attached Files:

2. jenae

jenae

Hi, press the win + r keys together, in the run dialogue box copy paste:-

ms-settings:notifications (press enter)

Under Notifications you can turn off "Get tips tricks & suggestions...... I actually have ALL these options off, you suit yourself as to what you want.

3. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Mine are off also

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Is this on a Surface device and is running Windows 10?

If so what version of 10 do you have?

5. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

My computer is desktop i don`t know what surface device is. System details attached. Also, when i started the computer this morning the screen showed as in my attachment. Malwarebytes shows no problem. Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

Attached Files:

6. jenae

jenae

Hi, run dialogue box again copy paste:-

ms-settings personalization-start (press enter)

Make sure show suggestions occasionally is off, again I have all off.

As I notice TIP's showing in your screen shot Taskbar, you can open run and type:-

cmd (then press ctrl+shift+enter)

An elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy the 5 below cmd's and right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window, select paste, most will run, you need to press enter to run the last one. These mod's are perfectly safe, I write them myself and are used on millions of computers. They disable all windows Tip's.

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableSoftLanding /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v DoNotShowFeedbackNotifications /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace" /v AllowSuggestedAppsInWindowsInkWorkspace /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

7. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Hello, what do you mean copy and paste? It`s ok i worked it out.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  8. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Thank You heaps. I have done that and see how it goes. i`ll get back to you.:)

9. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

Did what you said, going better but the Edge one popped up after a few days but i haven`t seen it for a while.:)

10. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

:)This outlook help has become a nuisance now. I try to close it but it comes back up. Could you help please?:)I happens when i click on deleted items or any other folder.:)

Attached Files:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice