1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stop Video Autoplay

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by SusanW123, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SusanW123

SusanW123 Thread Starter

Anyone know the best way(s) to stop videos from auto-playing in Chrome browser? Thank you!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  3. SusanW123

SusanW123 Thread Starter

4. MrjojohZyrian

MrjojohZyrian

Step 1. Launch Chrome on your computer and enter: chrome: // flags in the URL box with a normal link
    Step 2. Next, press Return / Enter.
    Step 3. Now, you need to find the auto play section. To do that, just enter Ctrl + F and then enter Autoplay policy.
    Step 4. Next, specify "Autoplay policy" and select the submenu. Next, you must select "Document user activation is required."
    Step 5. Finally, click Restart Chrome to make the change complete.
    And From now on, the video will not play automatically on the web. So if you want to see, you'll need to click on them to see.
    This is everything that I did when the Facebook videos always auto-play on my newsfeed. After that, I use FB2Mate to download videos from Facebook to my PC. You can take it easy like me.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    The thing about that Mr JoJo is that as long as you don't interact with the website then it will not play, otherwise it will.

As for FB, there is a setting within FB that you can disable autoplay.

upload_2019-4-24_12-58-46.png

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice