1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stop Vista from asking for a password when it wakes up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pixelsurge, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pixelsurge

pixelsurge Thread Starter

I have set my machine (under Power Options and other places) to not ask for a password when it starts or wakes up, but it's still doing it. How can I get Vista to stop doing this?

2. kenny111111

kenny111111

did you ever have a password ?

3. pixelsurge

Yes. It asks for the password every time it wakes up. It works, but it's extremely annoying having to put it in multiple times every day when I'm just at home using my computer all day.

4. kenny111111

kenny111111

have you tried. start> click on the picture(see attached) choose. create a password for your account. then just leave it blank.(get rid of words that are there)

be sure to press create password when finished.

good luck

Attached Files:

5. pixelsurge

That does work, thanks.

But shouldn't telling Windows to not ask for a password stop it from doing so? The advantage to having a password but not being asked for it is that on those rare occasions when I do leave the house and want to lock my computer when it sleeps, it's easier to just toggle a single button back to asking for the password than it is to reset a whole new password.

6. kenny111111

kenny111111

that my friend is VISTA.you could try resetting a password trying it again maybe it will work this time.

good luck

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/877945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice