Stop Windows 10 Home Update at the firewall?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

twogurusindrag

What programs do I need to kill with my firewall to stop Windows Update? I can’t find a complete list anywhere.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Why do you want to stop getting Windows 10 updates?
There are needed if you really want to continue using Windows 10.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Then you need to get to a place where you can get a REAL connection and get your machine updated.

twogurusindrag

Then you need to get to a place where you can get a REAL connection and get your machine updated.
This isn’t helpful in the least, and it’s Microsoft propaganda to boot. If your machine is doing what you need with no issues, updates are not necessary. If you can’t answer my question, please stay out of my thread.

Triple6

Rob
You can set the connection to Metered in Windows, you can also defer updates. Those are better choices then disabling updates and being a security risk to not only yourself but to everyone else on the internet.

Triple6

Rob
How so, un-patched systems are vulnerable to being compromised, becoming part of botnets, spreading malware to other systems/people, or being used to spread or participate in attacks on other systems such as DDOS attacks or ransomware attacks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online