1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

stopped from loading ANY SECURITY app...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by webzter, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

hi;

regardless of the security program, or even attempting to upgrading my browser, an error-type message comes on and stops completion of program- last attempt now stops windows from opening on desktop-the error message reads....

"memory violation has occured in module of kernal 32"

can someone help? now, as i said, the pc opens with a blank green screen-

many thanks for your interest-

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Webzter
    This is probably relating to the current Virus running around.
    Click here to See Article!

I will move this Thread to the Security Forum where the Virus doctors can help!

Dave

3. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Go to http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and download HiJackThis. Use Winzip to unzip it, then install and run it. To run, click the “Scan” button. When it's done the "Scan" button changes to "Save Log". Save the log file it creates (it should open in Notepad at that point). Copy and paste the results in your next post. IF you happen to be using a proxy server, please mention it in your post. Most of what it finds is harmless, so do not do anything yet. Someone will be glad to help you sort out any of the baddies that may be in there.

4. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

HEY...NITEHAWK, DAVEY.... APPRECIATE THE INTEREST- IM IN REAL TROUBLE NOW- APOLOGIZE FOR DELAY-BUT HAD TO GET OUT MY BACK-UP PC CAUSE THIS THING AS I SAID HAS TOTALLY TAKEN ME OUT OF COMMISSION- PC OPENS TO GREEN SCREEN AND GOES NOWHERE FROM THERE- AND IT HAPPENED WHEN I WAS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD HIJACKTHIS- IS THAT IRONY OR WHAT?
    ANYBODY GOT A NEXT STEP THEY CAN RECOMMEND BECAUSE RITE NOW I'M DEAD IN THE WATER-
    THANKS AGAIN!

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

What OS are you running?
    Can you get into Safe Mode?

6. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

HI...yes but i cant seem to get anywhere, but then again, i might not know how to go about outsmarting this thing either- but I CAN at least get into safemode- thanks

7. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

sorry....RE OS......."w98 business"-thanks!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice