1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stopping large amounts of spam.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by alex needs help, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alex needs help

alex needs help Thread Starter

Is there a way of blocking the amount of spam and junk emails my hotmail address keeps recieving?

In the last two months i recieve about 15 emails a day about the same thing but from completetly different addresses..thanks

2. PCcruncher

PCcruncher

Not really, Other than deleting your account and starting a new one.
    I have 2 hotmail accounts that I use, the main one I never give out except to close friends, the other is for everyday use and gets deleted about every 6 months (or whenever spam starts coming) and a new one created. I have email forwarding on the other account so all emails are instantly forwarded to my main account. It works really good, you just have to remember to log into the other one every now & then so it doesn't automatically get deleted.

Also, NEVER post your email in places like this on the web!
    If you look in my sig, you will see some more information about spam.
    The 2 emails below have only been posted on the 2 forums I use and as you can see in this picture they get a lot of spam: [​IMG]

Good luck!

3. alex needs help

alex needs help Thread Starter

yeah
    that sounds like a good idea..
    its just that i have used this account and signed it up to everything that i use.
    It would be annoying to have to start all over again.

Thanks anyway. I will probably just go ahead with making a seperate and more private account.

4. PCcruncher

PCcruncher

I Know, :( But I hope it goes better next time :)

BTW, You might consider a third one for REALLY questionable sites if you want. :)

Good Luck!(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice