Stopping Programs from Loading on Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bob Rodak

How do I prevent programs from loading into memory upon startup (appearing in the system tray...lower right hand corner of screen)?

I am using XP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Most can be disabled by going to Start>Run, typing 'msconfig' [Enter], choose the Startup tab and deselecting them. Some, however, will require you disable it from within the program (like realplayer, etc).

Bob Rodak

I appreciate the reply. This seems to be what I am looking for. Now I just have to play with it long enough to figure out which files execute the programs that I no longer want loaded. Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!