1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Stopping Spam: Hotmail Webemail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AtreideS, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AtreideS

AtreideS Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a hotmail address that I've had for 7 years now. So naturally I get alot of spam emails. I have the filter set on the Highest Setting and this works well. Although I'm still getting about 5 to 10 emails a day of junk. I've visited the website spamarchive.org and I'd love to contribute. However I'm not sure of a way to setup an automatic way of having my spam forwarded to the archive. I really don't have the time to individually send all the spam to the archive address. Is there some other way I could do this. I've thought about using hotmail through OE, is this worth a try? Thanks.

2. joe2cool

joe2cool

Hi !! 'am not sure about spamarchive.org..will check out. ;)

I've had an hotmail account also for quite a few years & what 'am using & seems to be beating the 'Spam download' is 'Mailwasher' ;)

Check it out......'am finding it excellent each day !! :)

:cool:

3. Gary R

Gary R

Think I'll look at Mailwasher too....
    I have a Hotmail account & only reason I got it at first was so I could use Messenger & Netmeeting, but a couple of people I know use it, so I do get messages via it at times.
    Just tonite (saturday) I deleted 54 Spams that'd arrived since Jan. 16. :( THEN, on top of that, I've started getting 4 or 5 Spam's a day from .msn addresses--and, on occasion, yahoo addresses ( :( again ), via my Earthlink account.
    :
    So, if Mailwasher will work with the free .msn Hotmail setup, as well as Earthlink, I'll be happy, but if it doesn't with .msn, I'll just keep deleting every so often, & keep the E'link box cleaned up.
    :
    QUICK QUESTION ..... Does mailwasher come with an Uninstall prgram in case of a problem, and if so what does it do to the E-mail settings? Does everything have to be set up again, or what???
    Looked at the website & couldn't find anything about either subject.

4. joe2cool

joe2cool

Hi Gary ..no there's no uninstall.....but if you were to delete your original settings would not be affected ! ;) the program just works alongside other email accounts.

Therefore its obviously best to use 'Mailwasher' first to check your mail before actually download.

Great feeling being able to bounce 'Spam' back ;)

:cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice