Stopzilla wont uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KLG3

Computer - Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop
O.S - Windows Vista Home Premium
Browser - Mosilla 5.0
Laptop purchased new - Feb '09

AVG Version: 8.5.325
Stopzilla Version: 5.0.0.0

AVG ran a scan this morning and showed 'trojan horse backdoor.generic 11.NAS' in Stopzilla!
I contacted Stopzilla, who told me to Remove the out of date version of Stopzilla, then Download- http://download.stopzilla.com/binaries/stopzilla/auto_installer/szclean.exe
and run this clean-up program. The program will restart your computer when finished.
Then download and install the latest version of STOPzilla.

after the first step, I could no longer open any windows in my browser, rebooted, I was able to start to reinstall the updated version of stopzilla. the install failed. The computer froze
after another restart, it was suggested to me, that I did a system restore, which I did to yesturday.
After that, I have been unable to uninstall Stopzilla, I am now unable to do system restores and cannot start the computer in safe mode ( when I do, it is a black screen with the word 'safe mode' in each corner)

Could you advise me how to uninstall Stopzilla and solve the problem with safe mode and system restore please

KLG3

Thanks for the welcome.
I hadn't tried Revo Uninstalller, although I had been given a link to 'Perfect Uninstaller' which was unresponsive

I've just tried Revo Uninstaller, it also does not respond and just freezes

(Start Task Manager also does not work when selected)

oopsie..!!
try using the clean tool, see to it that you don't use this product. I recommend super antispyware which is way better
Please post a hijackthis log

KLG3

super antispyware wont install :confused:

spoke to a guy from Dell support, who was not helpful, he just said I needed to reformat my computer, I was hoping not to have to do that, but thanks for your help :)

Hey,
I guess formatting is the best option :), your computer will be fresh. Act before the malware takes complete control of your computer!

I always suspect softwares like stopzilla and asta killer.
Please don't mistake me :)

KLG3

nono, thats fine, I wont be using them again, will just stick to what I know :)

Thanks again for your quick replies and help, was much apreciated

KLG3

I did a Factory Image Restore :D

forgot how much I hate setting up from scratch:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online