1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Storage for Youtube on iPhone6

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by brookbend, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brookbend

brookbend Thread Starter

On a plane how can I listen to music using my iPhone without using the plane's wireless service?

My songs are 250 YouTube links in Firefox bookmarks, on a PC workstation at home. Like to take these songs with me.

Thanx.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

1. Turn off your wifi in your phones settings.

2. Do you not have the songs downloaded and converted to mp3/mp4 format all ready?

3. brookbend

brookbend Thread Starter

Correct. Songs not downloaded. And I'd like to not store them on the phone. Instead on a flash stick.

How can I mass-convert hundreds of songs automatically?

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Mass convert....I'm not sure that's even possible. Well...I've never attempted that. I've always done 1 song at a time. You'll just need to check out youtube converters and read what/how they each work and if they can mass convert.

5. brookbend

brookbend Thread Starter

Also - when you download bookmarks, are they not just links? They cant play, can they?

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Once you have the songs downloaded and playable....how to you plan on using the flash drive with the iphone6? Does Apple have flash drives that can be used with their phones?

7. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Ahh...I had to look that up. So the standard USB wont work. You have to buy a special flash drive with Apples Lightning connection type. So...the next question is; unless you have a Apple PC or MacBook/Tablet.....I not sure how you're going to go from PC flash drive to use with iphone 6. Or use the Apple flash drive with a PC.

8. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

I not sure what you mean here. Once you have the song converted and saved (using the converter), it's saved as a mp3/mp4 format...then just move that file to your flash drive or where ever you want to save it.

9. brookbend

brookbend Thread Starter

You can't. I bought a double-end stick but the plug doesnt fit the phone. Apparently they're all like that. Another problem.

Frankly i think using youtube instead of itunes for song management purposes was a bad mistake. But i listen to jazz, only. itunes was not big on jazz and prob isnt now, either. its hard to compete with social media (youtube) with 100's of thousands of ppl uploading daily. I only need this setup for the airplane. so its no big deal. I'll just pay $16 for wifi on planes.

10. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

I don't have apple products.

For my PC this is how I do it:

I find a youtube converter......save that link in my music folder I have set up in my browser for quick access. So I now have that open in my browser, now I open another tab and that will be youtube. In youtube I find the song I want and copy that url, I then paste that url in the converter tab and select convert and have it saved on my PC in the default music folder. From there I can move the save mp3 file to what ever device I want.

11. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

12. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

13. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

14. brookbend

brookbend Thread Starter

Thanx. But that converting process is many times more tedious than a tax return. If you have hundreds to do. There's so many steps here its just better to wait till technology catches up. I always wonder why wifi costs so much on planes. Prob a major profit center, to make up for the plane - which is NOT a profit center LOL.

15. brookbend

brookbend Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!