storage problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peggy33881

I'm using 20 MB out of allowed 30 MB. I've deleted everything I can think of to delete and still can't get it down. Only belong to 4 groups, have emptied my recycle bin and delete messages, etc. I have pictures stored on one site but I didn't think that was enough to put me that high. Is there anything else I can do to lower my storage?

Hi peggy33881

You could possibly "zip" your pictures - that would reduce their size

steam

peggy33881, I am not able to understand your problem. Where is it that you face this problem? Can you please be a more clear?

peggy33881

When I bring up "my groups" is when I see the storage inf.
I have no clue as to how to zip my pictures. I've had this full pc for about 5 mos. now so am still learning.

Peggy

I've had this full pc for about 5 mos
By this do you mean the hard drive on your pc has been full for 5 months ?

Is "my groups" a folder on your hard drive ?

Or when you say

I'm using 20 MB out of allowed 30 MB. I've deleted everything I can think of to delete and still can't get it down. Only belong to 4 groups, have emptied my recycle bin and delete messages, etc. I have pictures stored on one site
are you talking about a website ? like yahoo ?

what size is your h\d ?
what o\s are you using ?

steam

peggy33881

I found out the solution. You have to go to your storage inf. and bring up every group you post messages in and delete all the attachments. When I send message, I post a picture and it was considered storage, which I didn't know. My storage is way down now.

Hi peggy

Still don't really understand what your problem was but I'm glad you got it sorted out.

good luck

steam

peggy33881

You are using 6.8 MB of your 30 MB of storage:

More information

Doesn't anyone else get this on their home page?

Hi peggy

Is "my groups" a folder on your hard drive ?
are you talking about a website ? like yahoo ?
You never did tell us whether your problem was on your computer or on a website - and if so which web site ?

That's why we were having trouble understanding the exact problem

Anyway not to worry - as long as you are ok now :)

steam

peggy33881

Yep, "my groups" is all the groups that I'm a member of .
Thanks for your interest and trying to help.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online