1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Storage/RAM problem possibly?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by smegma, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smegma

smegma Thread Starter

I was using my laptop like normal yesterday, just going through some websites. And then I opened up a folder and I noticed something weird. Whenever I tried right clicking on a file, it would give me limited options. It wouldn't give me the usual "Open" or "Open with" or "Explore" etc, it would just show "Extract" "Add to archive" the usual winrar options. And then all of a sudden I tried again and I couldn't right click at all. So I closed the folder and reopened it and it was even worse. I noticed parts of the folder were missing. Not like literally missing but stuff that was supposed to be there wasn't there. Like the whole section that says "File, View" etc was gone and the whole left side of the folder was gone. So I closed it and opened up firefox and the browser was all black for some reason.

Later I tried to open up winamp and I noticed I couldn't minimize it or click certain buttons on it. And when I tried to start a chat on Skype (instant messaging program) I couldn't. It then gave me the error: "System error: not enough storage to carry out operation" or something similar to that.

I realized later that I could only do certain things if I only had one thing open. I can't use Skype if Winamp is open and I can't open folders if Firefox is open, etc.

I don't get it though. I didn't do anything, why is acting up all of a sudden. I have 1 gig of RAM on my laptop, so I don't understand the problem. I think if I do a system restore it should fix it but I don't want to risk it and mess it up or something. Help appreciated.

2. smegma

smegma Thread Starter

anyone?

3. smegma

smegma Thread Starter

help.....

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

You need to tell us the brand of laptop, hard drive size, how much is in use and whatever else you can about hardware. No one could ever guess this one without specs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice