1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Storage space

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Azhariq, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Azhariq

Azhariq Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I recently installed a fresh copy of windows 7, and also service pack 1.

I have noticed that in my installation drive, i am loosing space continously...like it said 4 gb free yesterday and now its less than 1 gb left. Any idea how i detect whats eating up storage space.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3990 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility FireGL V5700, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 40616 MB, Free - 847 MB; D: Total - 33851 MB, Free - 9048 MB; E: Total - 77800 MB, Free - 30368 MB; G: Total - 349 MB, Free - 74 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, 406333M
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. Azhariq

Azhariq Thread Starter

Ok i figured (some of) the lost space to be used by updates being downloaded in the background. Just one issue remaining, the storage space is not consistent as you can see in the pic below

[​IMG]

3. PcPhoenix

PcPhoenix

Download WinDirStat. It does an excellent job of graphically showing how your disk space is being used.

Link: https://windirstat.info/

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You appear to have a Lenovo ThinkPad W500 with a 160 GB hard drive.

If you did a reinstall of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit in it, why did you divide the hard drive into 4 small partitions instead of leaving it in a single C partition?

----------------------------------------------------------

5. Azhariq

Azhariq Thread Starter

Well i bought a used one, and the partitions were alrready there so i started using without doing a fresh install. After a while i had a bunch of data with no backup so i just reinstalled without changing the partitions

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice