Storage Spaces mirror advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mikey44

Hello, please advice.

I found this new technology very convenient and decided to mirror an internal 1 Tb HDD with an external USB 1 Tb HDD using ReFS. When unplugged the external USB HDD and tried to get access to the files from another Windows 10 machine and it was recognized as a broken space at first, but then it got just mounted as normal and files where accessible. When plugged back to the Storage Space everything went back to normal... so I got to think this it is kind of a great "auto backup" with roaming capabilities?

I can't find any info on how tolerable this application would be for this technology, do you think is there any considerations I may be warned about?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online