1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Storage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by InfernoReaper, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper Thread Starter

I recently bought a 300 GB hard drive to replace my 40 GB and i was wondering how im supposed to move my info if i only have 1 cable to connect my hdd to my motherboard

i know about norton ghost but i have around 20 GB of info on my current hdd so i cant really put it all on a dvd

2. pehbond

pehbond

If you are using an IDE hdd then you should have 3 ports on teh cable. one that connects to teh motherboard, one that makes a drive the master and one that makes it a slave. just format the 300G drive then when you restart your computer just move teh info over. also windows xp has a program on it that can make a backup of your computers software/files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/477107