Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm2 not connecting to my wifi

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rodcarty 
#1 ·
I am not sure if this is in the wright section.

I have done a search for my problem and I cant find a salution. I have a storm2 with the lasest device OS version 5.0.0.1015 Bundle Platform 4.2.0.442. I am trying to connect to my home wifi network, which is the Siemens SE587 WLAN dsl. This router is using WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK security. My phone will have signal but will not connect to the network. after trying reboots, deleting the network and reinstalling does not work I reboot the router and then the phone will connect. It will not stay connected though if for any reason I loose signal it will not connect again until I reboot the router. I have connected to other wifi networks without a problem.

I would like some help with this problem it seems that I may have some setting wrong in my router but I am not sure which one is wrong.

#3 ·
I have a Storm2 myself. Although manual setup allows config of various encryption methods, the terms listed on the Storms don't correspond very closely to the choices on routers I am familiar with. The BB support info says to use the Wi-fi Protected Setup button if it's available on your router. This is in fact the only way I have managed to connect my Storm2 to an encrypted wireless network so far. I have tried only with a couple of models of LinkSys so far though (a WRT160N and WRT54GS). I went looking for a manual for your router and couldn't find one so can't confirm you have such a button on your router though.

#4 ·
Ok, I have worked out the problems on my Storm2. What I did was set the router wireless to WPA2 Personal with TKIP/AES, enter a Preshared key, and save it. On the Storm2 I scanned for networks, found the SSID in the list and clicked on it. It asked me for the Pre-Shared Key, which I put in, then I clicked the Connect button and I'm connected. What this does is prove that the Storm2 will work with WPA2 on a wireless-G signal. (My problem before was a pre-existing MAC address filter..) Now on to troubleshooting your problem.

Do you have any other device you connect to this wireless signal, a laptop or anything, to confirm your signal has no interference with some other signal and that your router is good? A laptop would also make it so you could install and run a network survey program like Xirrus' Wi-Fi Inspector.
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
If you do have a laptop please post a screenshot of the network list from this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.