1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strage Russians.

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by zergpc208, Jan 17, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

We have some Russians here and they talk about the greedy North American way of life and combative world.And how under USSR communist was better.

But it is strage becuse many Russians here are more combative than Canadians starting small business.Working harder and longer than Canadians for little money..

They say the schools in Russian are harder than here and was like that for very long time..

Yes Russians are very nice people but are hungry for learning and work harder ..Many Russians here do better than Canadians ..

But I thought communist was not to be combative is this not contradictory??And why was schools so hard if it was communist .And what happen for the people that did not go to school becuse of the problems .Did they have teacher at the house..

Why did you have so much homework if it was communist or go to free university you needed high grades like A or B for student .:eek:

Why did they not get any relaxation time to chill out.Work and more work longer and loger..No relaxation .

I'm sure some Russians on this list can come in and explain..

2. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

I'm not quite Russian but I do consider myself strange(or strage - whichever you prefer).

It works like this. The harder you make life for yourself(or the harder someone else makes it for you) in the beginning, the better your results in the end.

School is much more demanding in Eastern Europe at the elementary level than in North America. I started learning Russian(a foreign language) in second grade.

You needed a lot more than just A or B grades to make it to University by the way - you needed to know high-ranking members of the Party.

3. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

Because Russian work harder than most people.

Why is that

They had major shortage of skill people in Russia doing the Cold War they needed many skiled people working for the army.If you flunk you join the infantry,That was part why of the free University .Russia was in major shortage of other jobs that is why took over some other countries to get more workers more recourse.Russia had very smart scientists in the world in the army and in the space program..The space program was so ahead of its time.They had plans for Mir 2 and space shuttle but founding scrap the program.They even had plans for going to moon.

Again people here are lazy .And Russia if they want do some thing they will do it..

4. DublHelix

DublHelix

That seems to be a bit of a generalisation. Many people are hardworking. Here in Britain people from Indian and Oriental backgrounds are synonymous with hard work.

Hmmm ... I thought they occupied other countries to liberate them from the evils of capitalism.

- Wasn't the Berlin Wall built to keep us out ?

5. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Anyone wonder why they left their paradise?
    Oh, yeah.....it was a failure.

So..... when are you going home?

6. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

I don't know about lazy russians, my experience has been lazy americans sucking the system dry for government handouts (welfare aka ssi) so I guess every country has there lazy folks.

7. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Social Security is not Welfare. It's a bad return on your money.

8. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

Yes and no, Wellfare is now called SSI and is administered by Social Security and thats why its a bad investment. LOL

9. treespirit

treespirit

Well SSI is not quite the same as welfare, it's disablility payment.

10. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I mistook Supplimentary Security Income (SSI) for Social Security Insurance...my bad.
    But SSI is not the welfare most refer to. It has different requirements:
    http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/11000.html#part2

SSI does not come out of the SS funds from what I have read.

11. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

Yes true its all lumped into one thing now, like I said a bad investment. You see the government in all there wisdom decided that a person is disabled if they were injured defending our country, have a mental disability, can't work because your drug business would be interrupted or are an alcoholic, drug user, wait, wait they removed alcoholism off the list...

12. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

Я не знаю о ленивых русских, мой опыт был ленивыми американцами, сосущими систему, сухую для правительственных рекламных листков(милостынь) (благосостояние иначе первая степень интеграции), так что я предполагаю, что каждая страна имеет там ленивых людей.

так, как был мой перевод?

13. i hate ram

i hate ram

14. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Sorry, I can't grade your translation - I left Eastern Europe before second-grade was out - so the Russian lessons were cut short.

Boohoo - I missed out on a lot but I think the trade was worth it!!!
    :D

15. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

I haven't quite figured that out yet, but I am very happy with the results. I wound up doing better than most of my classmates. I think this was due to the work ethic I was conditioned with in my early schooling. I found it easier to remember things than my American classmates. Being an immigrant also forces you to be a bit more creative.

It was a bit embarrasing for those classmates when three immigrants in the classroom wound up getting the top three scores on a test about the US Constitution in the seventh grade. I can't believe I still remember that. It must have been one of my 'formative' experiences.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice