Strange behavior!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eraser

My computer types by itself! It is hard for me to type and my computer is slowing down when this happens. I don't know how to describe it...I will put parenthesis around the computer's typing...this is no joke so please don't dismiss me! I was told that it might be Bonzi so I deleted all those files and for a while it worked fine. Now it has started again and I can't find the cause.(a a ) It causes my computer to run slowly and I can't play my games. I get a "runtime error" from the Visual C++ Runtime Library. I don't know if all this is tied together or what...I don't know anything anymore...! It's driving me crazy! I even deleted my comet cursor, thinking THAT might be causing it but it's still typing on it's own. I have run a virus check and found none. It doesn't matter where I am...a search engine...it types in the search box, my e-mail, it types in the body, this forum, it is trying to overtype me. I will just sit here and let you see what it does, again, this is no joke...please help me! (in-a bad home buying you know you know why did you form the opinion, the way the media player your can you not copy into a Simi you choose to not nicely on the walls and the people I mean, you only see the-wall in the kitchen you need is to call me crazy mean you're referring you have to , station will do to home near the way the time the time enemy station decide up for review this evening 3:00 AM and you may know, and in all your honor, once the doesn't that I can listen to be in Eugene Feuer said a few days maybe a very positive ways the-despite the NATO to a
you may also send a well , was ) See what I mean? All this is gibberish but it won't stop! What do I do?

Is your virus protection up to date?

As a safeguard - and to keep me happy:) - try this on-line checker:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

If no viruses found, post a list of all that you have loading at startup. Go to Start - Run and type msinfo32 and navigate to your Startup programs in Software Environment. Copy and paste to here.

Second thought - have you tried a keyboard change. Just a longshot.

eraser

CC2KUI All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
checktime c:\program files\hpselect\frontend\ct.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ctfmon.exe c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe HOME\Owner HKU\S-1-5-21-516116760-1296836545-315636210-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
desktop desktop.ini NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup
desktop desktop.ini HOME\Owner Startup
desktop desktop.ini .DEFAULT Startup
desktop desktop.ini All Users Common Startup
Hotbar c:\program files\hotbar\bin\3.0.12.0\hbinst.exe /upgrade All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HotKeysCmds c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HPGamesActiveMenu c:\program files\wildtangent\activemenu\hp\games\activemenu.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
hpsysdrv c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
IgfxTray c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
KBD c:\hp\kbd\kbd.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Microsoft Office c:\progra~1\mi1933~1\office\osa9.exe -b -l All Users Common Startup
Microsoft Works Update Detection c:\program files\microsoft works\wkdetect.exe HOME\Owner HKU\S-1-5-21-516116760-1296836545-315636210-1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
MySoftware NewsFlash c:\progra~1\common~1\mysoft~1\newsflsh.exe All Users Common Startup
NvCplDaemon rundll32.exe nvqtwk,nvcpldaemon initialize All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Pop-Up Stopper All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
PS2 c:\windows\system32\ps2.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
QuickTime Task c:\windows\system32\qttask.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Recguard c:\windows\sminst\recguard.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SVAPlayer c:\program files\sva player\svaplayer.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Update Grokster c:\progra~1\grokster\wiseupdt.exe /c HOME\Owner Startup
wcmdmgr c:\windows\wt\updater\wcmdmgrl.exe -launch All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

eraser

I forgot to mention...just before I came back in here I did a virus scan at the very website you suggested and nothing was found. Thanks..
This is really getting to be a problem.

S

Slithy Tove

A very similar (sounding) situation occurred recently to a XP user who was being hacked. The hacker was typing into his machine. We advised him that if he had any "talkies" (like AIM, MSIM. NetMeeting, etc.) to shut them down. Haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks so must assume he whipped the problem.

Could this be happening to you ?

eraser

That sounds logical..I'll just delete all the messengers just to see if that helps..
Right now things are calm, my computer is running smoothly. But at anytime I can hear the computer begin to "compute" and this typing begins. Then my whole system is slowed down. It's truly a mystery to me. I thought it was a ghost at first but then...that's just crazy, right? Right?

Do you have an "always on" connection? If so do you have a FireWall installed and running? If not I would strongly advise getting one. Make sure that you are fully disconnected from the net (pull out the cable if you're not sure) while you install it and that should stop all but the most determined of hackers from accessing your system.

S

Slithy Tove

If you haven't already... you might visit LAVASOFT and d/l the new AdAware. It will identify (and remove) spyware which (in many cases) is a hackable server. Caution - before you run the newest version of AdAware please visit the threads in the "Security" forum here at TSG... there are a few head's ups you will want to be aware of.

[Hi new to this forum,but had the same problem myself until a friend asked if I had Word XP installed.....the speech recognition programme was messing things up..removed speech and problem went, may or may not be the solution but you could try.
Hope Iwas of some help:D ;)

This line in your Startup list:
ctfmon.exe c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe HOME\Owner HKU\S-1-5-21-516116760-1296836545-315636210- 1003\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

-relates to the fact that you will have Text Services and Speech applets enabled in Control Panel. If you don't need these, disable them there and delete (uncheck) the entry in msconfig. If you don't change the CP setting this line will just come back to Startup list.

You have a lot in startup (including a few I don't recognise), many of which you could uncheck to free resources, but the only others I can detect as being a possible problem - though should not relate to your keyboard problem - are:

1/SVAplayer, which might be advertising spyware. Lavasoft, as recommended by Slithy, should have info if it is.
2/ MS Office osa9.exe - a resource burner you could probably do without.

If you want to lean-down the startup list, take a look at http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup pages/startup full.htm

Let us know if the problem persists or what it is that cures it if things okay.

S

Slithy Tove

I thought it was a ghost at first but then...that's just crazy, right? Right?
Occasionally, we discover rogue bands of quite elderly (and bitter and cranky) electrons running about the system. The only effective way to deal with this is to pour a healthy measure of genuine prune-juice into the keyboard or into the front of the floppy-drive. :D

MHJ

I too have heard/read about speech to text causing this problem.A live mic and background noise such as TV etc. being the ghost.:D

MySoftware NewsFlash c:\progra~1\common~1\mysoft~1\newsflsh.exe All Users Common Startup
NvCplDaemon rundll32.exe nvqtwk,nvcpldaemon initialize All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersi
on\Run

Disable this key in startup...

90% sure thats the culprit.

TB :cool:

OOOppps sorry

Also... get RID of grokster, and go get ad-aware from www.lavasoftusa.com and run, because grokster is loaded with spyware, if your into p2p file sharing, winmx at www.winmx.com is the only one out there without spyware at the present time.

where? what? when?

First of all.... what type of OS are you running? Have you tried running in Safe mode?.... if you are able to type in safe mode than you know its probably a sw problem... you might have a aplication conflict that might cause this to happen... definitely run a virus scan.. if the os version is win 98, win 98 se , win me... you might want to try going to start/run/ (type) MSCONFIG and you should get a system config util window.... click on the startup tab at the top and if you notice any programs that you know are running in the background and you don't want them to ... you can remove it.... its a troubleshooting step... not a resolution but it might work for you..... did you add any new hardware of software lately..... first of all... when did this start happening???? if it was within a week you can try to revert your hard drive to a time in the past.... depending on the OS... win 98, or win 98 se.... go to start/shutdown/ restart in ms-dos mode..... when at a prompt type: "scanreg /restore" you should find a few dates available.... choose one before the problem occured... (note>>> it will not lose any data within that timeframe... only programs or drivers... give that a try... let me know if you need anything... ill try to help... :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts