strange behavior

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eladsimha

recently i am experiencing strange problems.
it started with my vista 32 so i formatted and reinstalled,
then it came back and now it's occurring on my XP SP3.

under vista i used to log off and my computer went into "power saving mode" and stayed there, moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard had no effect, the screen would remain black. then i would restart my computer and there would be no boot screen just the message "power save mode" and then after two three minutes the screen would turn on and my desktop gets visible.

now under xp (happened after a week of use) when i restart my computer it also goes into power save mode and the screen remains black thru the entire boot process (very annoying).
from time to time i do get to see the windows login logo,the problem comes and goes,
any idea what it could be?

my montor is:
lg L226WTQ

and i have Asus geforce 7950GT graphic card
with nvidia 178.24 driver

10x in advance

So the vista and xp are the same box/

go into your bios and change the power settings to your liking.

Is your computer a desktop or a laptop? If it's the latter how often do you charge your battery? Do you see this problem even if the laptop is plugged in?

eladsimha

i have a desktop computer.
and as for the bios, i have this computer for more then a year now, i haven't changed a thing in the bios and it only started recently .
i'll check and if there anythink strange in the bios

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online