1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange blue screen

Discussion in 'Games' started by budmansgrace, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. budmansgrace

budmansgrace Thread Starter

:mad: Hello all,

Here's my prob, when I play lineage2 I get a strange blue screen with garbled script all over. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the game except in (kruma tower for those who play). Also if I first turn on my pc I can play unreal 2k4 for hours on end but if I go from one prog to another and try to play u2k4 I get the same blue screen after five mins even if I reset pc. Here are some things i've tried to remedy the problem

ran dxdiag no failures there, ran msconfig and turned off all unnecessary progs, updated all bios vid sound drivers, patched all games to latest updates, updated windows to latest service packs, updated to direct x 9.0c, checked for viruses and spyware, changed agp aperture from 64 to 128, defragged after all that, reinstalled all programs, checked to see if all fans are working properly, checked to see pc temps all are norm, cleaned all dust out of pc, even switched graphics card with a friends graphic card which is the same as mine, did memtest86, I had two sticks of ram one 512 and 1gig and changed them out.

I have run out of ideas and i'm losing hair quickly :( trying to figure this out, the next thing i'm gonna try is to swap mobo from soyo to abit, but this is a last resort if I can't find any other way to fix. Also still reluctant to reformat drive

Also I sent a pic of what it looks like, the screen with the garbled look.

specs

p4 2.8
    1.5 gigs ram
    500 watt power sup
    ati radeon 9800 pro
    sound blaster audigy platinum zs
    120 mb harddrive 7200

Any help in the matter is greatly apprecitated

p.s. if that fails p.c. is going out second story window :mad:

Attached Files:

2. TOW-fixxxer

TOW-fixxxer

Man thats weird, I would think try swapping it with a different video card if you can I believe that the 9800 pro has pixel shader support, if not thats why you may have that problem, also check you refresh rate, and if its only that lvl u could try reinstalling it.

or better make sure all your drivers are updated (especially you video card) then check direct x is up to date or try downgradeing from 9.0b i heard that cuases some problems with cetain games, and finally look for an update patch hope this helps if any of it does please email me back i love the feedback [email protected] put Subject :: Thanks DUDE!!! so i qont think its spam lol Good Luck

3. TOW-fixxxer

TOW-fixxxer

ohh direct x 9.0c i think thats the prob try using direct x 8.0 or 9.0a if you can i think thats bugging ur stufff man

4. budmansgrace

budmansgrace Thread Starter

tried out all these things without any luck, the card does support pixel shader also
    thnks for ur reply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice