strange, changing desktop icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ebonyruffles

All my desktop shortcuts have funny images in the corners. They keep changing, disappearing, coming back. First it was grey Xs. Then big green check marks. Today it was speakers & then circles with a red line through them. They come & go. I am running Windows 8. Anyone ever heard of this? Can't find anything online about it. Virus scans are clear & they don't seem to be hurting anything, but dammit, it's bothering me. They usually have a green dot meaning Carbonite has backed them up if that has anything to do with it.

ebonyruffles

Thanks. As I said, it's not hurting anything & they go away on their own, so I'll leave it for now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online