1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Strange connection issues for certain Programmes/Games only

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Parish87, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Parish87

Parish87 Thread Starter

Hi guys

I'm having some strange connection issues. Firstly, my PC is connected to the internet just fine, i'm here typing this now through my PC. I can browse websites perfectly and download files perfectly fine.

The issue comes with connection to a few things that i've noticed and i'm sure they're all intertwined to something but i'm not sure what.

I can't connect to the steam store. I can't use audio voice chat in Overwatch. I can't connect to the World of Warcraft servers.

Now I can play multiplayer games just fine, I can actually play Overwatch and type and do everything else, but it won't connect me to the voice chat in game.

I downloaded the new patch for WoW the other day and from when I hit the play button in battle.net I get the following error:

http://EU.patch.battle.net:1119/wow/cdns: World of Warcraft was not able to connect to the network data source. For help fixing this issue, please see: https://battle.net/support/article/7411

I have tried all their basic steps in that article to no avail.

Finally, the steam store simply shows:

Error Code: -130

Failed to load web page (unknown error).

I've completely uninstalled battle.net and WoW and reinstalled which hasnt helped, i've reset my router (it's wireless and a wired connection isn't an option). I did a pathping to the WoW servers which gave me this:

Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 PC1.Home [192.168.0.5] 1 SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1] 2 * * *
    Computing statistics for 25 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 PC1.Home [192.168.0.5] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 2ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]

Trace complete.

Some system information from my DxDiag:
    Time of this report: 7/21/2016, 21:18:54
    Machine name: PC1
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160630-1736) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. S
    ystem Model: Z97X-SLI
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/13/14 11:23:59 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16286MB RAM
    Page File: 5408MB used, 13309MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

Steps I have taken so far:

Reset router and Restarted PC

Command prompt in admin using the following commands:
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

Disabling firewall and antivirus, checking permissions in both for battlenet, wow, steam etc.

I have been able to connect to the steam store on my mobile using the same wifi as my PC. I have then tethered the phone connection to the PC and still couldn't load the steam store.

It's driving me crazy now, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have a Proxy enabled under the Connections tab of Internet Options under the Control Panel? If so disable, uncheck everything there and try again.

upload_2016-7-22_18-11-28.png

3. Parish87

Parish87 Thread Starter

This has resolved the issue! Thank you very much kind sir! :)

I have no idea why that would have happened though? I haven't changed any settings at all.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sometimes those get set if you use a Proxy/VPN/anoymous service, or if you get a virus or malware, or content filtering software. Was there a configuration script or proxy address set? If so do you remember what it was?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1174969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice