1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Strange CPU 100% and RAM readings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kalys, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

I have been having this issue for some time and tried to figure out what is wrong with the system. The CPU usage solutions that I have tried will not work at all. A new board (since one of the CPU socket capacitors were bent then issues arose), CPU, a few windows resets.. nothing. But might be thinking that the capacitor
    could have caused the RAM to be changed?

Another thing is that the RAM that I recently installed and they worked fine, the previous was just 2 sticks and now 4 sticks but now the RAM readings are not either 3000mhz to 1500mhz and from 2133 to 1066. Noticing that the bios recognize them but some software in a few programs do not recognize all of them.
    Even tried having 1 stick of the ram, it doesn't seem to find it.

That being said, I have been trying to look for any system diagnostics that can be useful, I tried but cannot seem to help because of the strange issues. Been doing this for 2 weeks and it has been stressing me out and my paranoia can't help it.

I am not sure what to expect at all.

2. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

Just now I have reset my windows, nothing at all. RAM speed is still the same and CPU usage is the same.

3. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

And oh, my system specs are:
    Ryzen 3 2200g with around 35c when installed, now up to 38c-39c, was with Ryzen 7 1700 and it gave me around 50c temperature.
    I had the issue with B450 Tomahawk, now with an MSI Gaming Plus B450
    Ram sticks are Corsair Vengence DDR4 with 3000mhz
    PUS is EVGA GQ, 80+ Gold 650W
    GPU is GTX 1060-3GB Gygabite OC Windforce

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  4. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

(Update) Is it possible that a capacitor by the CPU to damage the RAM prior to the changes? I am doing a memory diagnostic when it may happen? I am still learning with these but I do know the basics.

5. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

It's unlikely; the memory has it's own power supply which is not part of the CPU's.
    But; you have not really told us what problem(s) you are having an there is definitely no detail.

6. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

I have spoken to AMD support for the previous issues and included to be the Hard Drive or OS. It could be my boot drive that was causing this issue (Hard Drive) since I have been noticing the issue but it wasn't affecting it until now. So I have ordered an m.2 SSD that will be here tomorrow and do another boot drive for that and remove the previous boot drive.

Other than that, it could be the OS on the hard drive. And will verify and confirm the issue tomorrow.

But thank you again, I know I haven't said anything about the issue, so it could be the hard drive.

Update: this is the system test and it tells me that the RAM isn't recognized at all and the Boot Drive is issuing. It was yellow prior because it didn't give me any issues at the time. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserR...3FZQ82bY3llCCm_X2EvZG2JqRluWS4YWQftIBH4#DRIVE

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  7. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

This is what it gave me.. although the internet shows the same type (speed readings) and model. but saying unknown. Which before it said, Corsair Vengeance.

Unknown CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 32GB

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

Looks like you have 2 sticks of one model and 2 sticks of another. 2-8GB in a 16GB kit and 2-8GB.
    The CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 runs at 16-20-20-38 settings
    The cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 (kit) runs at 15-17-17-35 settings , to make all of them work all need to run at 16-20-20-38 , the slower settings.
    Edit, I saw where you posted your specs.
    The benchmark site probably says Unknown because you have different sets of memory. You may want to run
    Memtest 86 http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm

You have to extract it and burn it as an ISO "or a Bootable USB

Guide to using Memtest86+

https://www.wikihow.com/Test-PC-RAM-with-MemTest86

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  9. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

I did the following and can't really say much..

Now I am receiving Critical Process Died on each bootup with the hard drive. I did change the ram to 2 sticks on the first and then the 2nd. So I believe it is the hard drive, the OS wasn't responding very well with any repair or reset with the drive.

Safe mode doesn't work when I try to get into it, especially in a normal boot. It cannot complete an sfc /scannow or a reset and cannot repair at all.

Update: I have manually cleaned up the OS from the hard drive in the command prompt.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  10. lunarlander

lunarlander

When the SSD arrives, remove all other drives, leaving only the SSD, before doing the install.

11. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

Will do, I am going to do a SteamOS.. however, I am going to use it for gaming only. So that means that I won't be using windows unless I have to for the system. The Hard drive that was cleaned by the command prompt, it is currently unformatted until I can be able to use the SSD to format from there.

I couldn't uninstall the OS at any point until I happened to come across from my previous disk clean with the command prompt. Though I did not format so lest of my worries.

12. Kalys

Kalys Thread Starter

SOLVED: It was the OS/Hard drive, used the SSD and returned to normal with the SSD. Now with my RAM which isn't much to do with the readings like last time. oh well. :) At least I have figured it out myself but you guys do reassure. I love this forum with any possible help needed.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice