1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange error in two games

Discussion in 'Games' started by stark23x, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stark23x

stark23x Thread Starter

I am highly frustrated by a weird error in two games: Return to Castle Wolfenstein and GTA Vice City. In both games, I am unable to get the zoom fucntion on the sniper weapons to work. At first it was just GTA, but when I came to a point where I had no choice but to use a sniper rifle in Wolfenstein, I discovered it there as well.

I have Vietcong, Battlefield 1942, Quake 3, etc, and zooming in and out works in all those games. I tried the following solutions:

Tried to bind the exact same keys in every game
    Updated all games
    Updated nVidia drivers to absolute latest (Detonator 44.10)
    Updated DirectX 9

My system specs:

Win XP Pro SP1
    1024MB RAM
    Athlon XP 1700+
    nVidia Ti4600 128MB graphics card
    Asus AVN78X motherboard

H E L P ! ! ! ! ! I am at a point in both games where I cannot move on unless I can solve this. I'll give you my firstborn child if you have a solution. ;)

2. AtreideS

AtreideS

That is a strange problem.
    For RTCW have you tried the following?
    1) make an autoexec.cfg file in your main directory (if you haven't already got one)
    2) inside type: bind x "weapalt" , change x to whatever key you want the zoom to be.
    3) Load up RTCW, in the console type: exec autoexec.cfg
    4) Select your sniper rifle and now press the key you bound earlier. What happens?

Another thing.. are you able to use the binoculars to see things. The bind for that is: bind x "+zoom" If that doesn't work as well then something is definately up. This problem seems very bizarre to be happening in two completely different games.

Good luck. I hope I've been enough help to atleast get your first born's arms.:)

3. AtreideS

AtreideS

I just realised you mentioned Quake3 works fine. That makes this even stranger! If Quake 3 can zoom fine then RTCW definately should as they both use the same engine. :)

4. McTimson

McTimson

What are the keys for zooming in those games? I know vice city's keys are z and x, im not sure about the others. Have you tried changing the default keys?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/136555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice