1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange error message when trying to download Java

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gkterrehaute, Aug 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gkterrehaute

gkterrehaute Thread Starter

I've been unable to view youtube videos for a week.All it does is buffer untill it says "an error has occured please try agin".The only advice on its help page is to reinstall Flash and Java software.I can uninstal/install flash with no problem.Java on the other hand has been nothing,but trouble.To begin with when I try to get on to the page on the Java site to test the curently installed version an error message from IE says a problem with the web page has prevented it from opening.When I try to update it wont work so I uninstalled it then when I tryed to reinstall I get error messages wether I try to run it or save it to run latter. Error message..... http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0_26-b120.xml for installation
    I can't find anything on there site that helped,and they haveb't responded to my Emails.So I restored my computer to the point before I uninstalled Java in the first place.Now when I click on mannage ad ons two are listed under Sun Micro systems;the first is deployment tool kit,and the second is Java plugin 2ssv helper,but when I go to the control panel and click on the Java icon to open its manager nothing happens.So at this point I don't know if I actuall have Java on my coputer or not.

2. pip22

pip22

3. gkterrehaute

I've tryed firefox and crome,and neither works

4. gkterrehaute

I do not know why,but one video played in firefox today ,but that was all no more since.

5. golferbob

golferbob

6. gkterrehaute

thanks I'll give it a try monday.

7. wolfevie

wolfevie

I am having a problem with java I have reinstalled it and uninstalled it about 45 times, an a tech that has been doing tech svc for 15 years and he said that he doesn’t know why java is having a problem he has done the same thing that I have done, and still the same frigging error and now my yahoo messenger isn’t working and its funny cause I can log into yahoo mail on line with no problem but to log into yahoo messenger I cant log in to it at all, I called them and they said that they cant fix it that I will have to call java and I did and they said that they don’t have tech support on phone that I have to go on line and do it and I went on the java site and went to help and it takes me to a web site that said to chat with a live person for 56 cents a minute and to me it just look weird cause the picture of the guy on there looks fake like a scam so I backed out and went back in there was a different person on there for live tech support and it said a dollar a minute. And there picture looks even weirder. I have had this problem for a month and 3 weeks no one wants to touch java because it’s from a 3rd party what the hell is going on no one wants to help fix this problem. So any who this is the type of message I am getting from Java if any one that has the answer to my headache please help.

This is the error message that I am getting à C:program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe-Xbootclasspath/a “C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin..\lib\deploy.jar”-Dust.home= “C:\Users\wolfevie”com.sun.deploy.panel.ControlPanel

I NEED SOMEONE THAT HAVE THE ANSWER PLEASE HELP

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice