1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange Folders appearing on C Drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kimberleyallen, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kimberleyallen

kimberleyallen Thread Starter

On my C Drive new folders keep appearing with long unintelligable names. I haven't got a clue what they are for. Anybody got any ideas? Are they virus related? Can I safely delete them? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks. :)

Screenshots attached of folders and their contents. If anyone wants to see the log file, more than happy to send it/post it. Tried to post it but too many characters.

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

PS..Have tried to insert images through attachments. Have uploaded the files, they are within the specified size, are showing as being uploaded and the code is showing in the post after clicking "insert all" but can't see the images...how do you do it?

Have finally managed it in post below...scroll down to see the screenshots...thanks.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Try and copy and paste their names in your next post.

3. kimberleyallen

Thanks, names of the actual files or the code?

4. kimberleyallen

Attached Files:

5. B0b_Olivaw

B0b_Olivaw

:lol: I have the exact same log file in a folder on C:\
    (msxml4-KB927978-enu.log)
    from the exact same date no less :)

See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927978

So that's one of them at least :_)

6. kimberleyallen

Thanks! Just hate the way your hard drive ends up littered..have deleted it! The folder/log file that is. Anyone any ideas on whether I can delete the others?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice