Strange Folders appearing on C Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kimberleyallen

On my C Drive new folders keep appearing with long unintelligable names. I haven't got a clue what they are for. Anybody got any ideas? Are they virus related? Can I safely delete them? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks. :)

Screenshots attached of folders and their contents. If anyone wants to see the log file, more than happy to send it/post it. Tried to post it but too many characters.

Screenshot2.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

PS..Have tried to insert images through attachments. Have uploaded the files, they are within the specified size, are showing as being uploaded and the code is showing in the post after clicking "insert all" but can't see the images...how do you do it?

Have finally managed it in post below...scroll down to see the screenshots...thanks.

bonk

Banned
Try and copy and paste their names in your next post.

kimberleyallen

Attachments

:lol: I have the exact same log file in a folder on C:\
(msxml4-KB927978-enu.log)
from the exact same date no less :)

See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927978

Security update package 927978 may create a log file. The package names the log file KB927978.log. The package saves the log file inside a folder. The folder has a system generated name. The folder is in the root of a system drive. The path resembles the following:
C:\system generated name\KB927978.log.
Note In this example, C is system drive.

Although it is optional, you can remove the log file and the folder.
So that's one of them at least :_)

kimberleyallen

Thanks! Just hate the way your hard drive ends up littered..have deleted it! The folder/log file that is. Anyone any ideas on whether I can delete the others?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online