Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange goings on ...

919 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Lulu01 
#1 ·
Hi

I use Windows 7 with IE8 (apparently!) on a Dell desktop pc. I say apparently, because I haven't actually installed IE8 and don't understand how it is on my pc. The last software I installed was IE7.

Anyways, my pc was working fine until a few weeks ago when MSN did one of its auto updates. Since then, I am having loads of problems accessing stuff like Lovefilm, Facebook, ebay etc where I have to sign in. The sites keep asking me to sign in, even when I am signed in and/or throw me out and ask me to sign in when I move on to another page, or perform an action. Below is an example:

1. Log into Lovefilm (although my account is set to always be logged in)
2. Try to add a film to my rental list - the system asks me to log in
3. I log in again and try to add the film
4. I am asked to log in etc etc

The same thing happens with anything that requires a login.

The other odd things is that my emails to btinternet accounts via hotmail are not going through. They worked fine before.

I have read some stuff about cookies, and have tried various options to adjust them, but it makes no difference.

I am wondering if this 'miraculous' installation of IE8 was somehow performed during the last MSN auto update and it has affected something in my pc.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Many thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Download Firefox

Just kidding :D

You could try resting internet explorer settings to see if it resolves the issues at hand.

Open internet explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options>Advance>Restore Advance settings

Then close internet explorer and reopen it. Try seeing if its fixed.

Good Luck

#8 ·
Hmm, seems I spoke too soon. I tried to update lovefilm this morning and was asked to login which I did. When I tried to take any action, I was asked to log in again. Same thing has happened with Facebook.

Is there anything anyone can think of to try?

#9 ·
other people are apparently having problems with the newer MSN and have reverted back to the previous version.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this since I do not use MSN, maybe others will come along to help you with this and/or come up with more advice to get your new MSN working.

Good luck
Ray

#10 ·
other people are apparently having problems with the newer MSN and have reverted back to the previous version.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this since I do not use MSN, maybe others will come along to help you with this and/or come up with more advice to get your new MSN working.

Good luck
Ray
Thanks for your post RaytheBear. These things often sort themselves out after a week or two so I left it. I assume MSN make some more changes to rectify the problems, but not this time. It's driving me nuts! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.