Strange HD problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whiteninja89

A while ago the power went out and caused my computer to not boot up anymore. Taking a look at it I found that the primary HD, the 250 Gb Western digital wont boot.
I took the side panel off and can hear the drive make some very soft clicking sounds and then it tries to spin up like it would normally start but then it makes one louder click and then tries to start up again. After doing this about 7 times the drive just seems to stop all together.
I'm assuming the drive must be dead but I was wondering if anyone has any info on this specific kind of problem, thank you.

Try running Scandisk on it Whitey.
Can you see the drive in My Computer?
eg; C, D, E, F etc
Have a look in the Bios to see if it's being detected.
Wolfey

Whiteninja89

Thats the drive I had windows on so I can't boot into windows from it. The Bios can still pick it up though.

Are you running XP? if so change the boot sequence to the cd and try and run a repair.
(y)
Wolfey

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online