1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange hidden virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by oonis, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oonis

oonis Thread Starter

Operating System: vista

I'm currently screwed by a virus which I cant get rid of because it made, hid, and is stored in some drive x:. None of my virus scanners that work can find it, and I don't plan to plug the internet in 'till it's gone. I'm sure it's there because of system restore showing me this x drive, opening anything will cause windows to not respond. Any help?

2. oonis

oonis Thread Starter

sorry for the double post but I think I found it, windows defender picked it up (had to go in safe mode to use defender), the name was "TrojanDownloader:win32/zlob.gen!GX"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/742498