1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange issue typing in Yahoo Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sc2az95, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc2az95

sc2az95 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have an odd issue with one of the computers in my organization. The user has an HP Pavilion DV6000 series laptop with Vista 32 Home Premium. Occasionally if he is sending a message through Yahoo Messenger, after tabbing from another window, instead of typing his intended message, Yahoo Messenger shows a keyboard layout sequence. For example, if he intends to type "Thank you", it shows "Asdfj Kl;"

The only fix (temporary), is to tab to another program such as Outlook, compose an email message (characters show properly there)., then tab back to Yahoo Messenger and type away. This happens both with external Logitech cordless keyboard and the built in keyboard on the laptop. I have tried removing Yahoo Messenger and reinstalling, checked language settings on keyboard in control panel, uninstalled/reinstalled Logitech driver, replaced batteries in laptop.

Anyone ever seen this before? I'm stumped, and google searches for problem almost always lead to a stuck shift or ALT key, which is not the case here.

Thanks in advance!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Remember that even when using an external keyboard the original one is still effectively connected and working.

At a guess I would start to blame the laptop keyboard, or at leat the connection to it.

A real odd problem though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice