Strange Issue with Printer and Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tim4

I have a weird one that I am hoping someone can assist with,

Background Info – 4 PCs and 3 Printers in office all Windows 7 – One PC acts as Print Server and shares the TWO of the Three printers using Windows Homegroup. Third Printer is direct connected via USB to Bosses PC.

Problem – On Bosses PC only – All Shared Printers will just go offline. It is not a network issue or homegroup issue as she (the boss) can see other homegroup resources such as shared drive and Shared folders. It appears to happen after she prints to her USB printer then tries to go to a shared printer. (This is my guess, Not tested and verified).

Other Info – No one else in office has this issue, Boss will not give up her USB printer(it is old but reliable for her), A restart of her machine sometimes fixes the problem but not always.

I am truly at a loss any help or work around would be appreciated.

Oddba11

Jim
In an office environment, I would do away with printer sharing and simply place all of the printers on the network. Then you don't have to deal with Windows glitches and conflicts.

Tim4

Thanks for the reply Jim. Unfortunately 2 of the 3 printers do not have network cards. We are a small business that is trying to stretch our resources. Any other suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online