1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange issue with software connecting to internet.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by appy0613, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appy0613

appy0613 Thread Starter

I have a strange (at least to me) issue. Every since I reinstalled XP media center on my system, all the program that have to connect to the internet to activate/register/update, can't. My internet works fine, no problem with connecting to any sites or anything. I first noticed the problem when I reinstalled my Roxio Creator. It has to register or something before I can use it and it will say: "connecting to server....connecting to internet to activate this product", then it gives this error: " Unsuccessful Activation There was a problem activating your product. This could be due to: An error occurred in activating your product, please try again later "

This issue also happens with my gmail notifier, it says "Cannot connect to mailbox, cannot connect to server". When I try updating my malware detector, it says unable to connect to internet, and also the same error with anything like adobe that I try updating. At first I thought it was just a certain program, but nothing is working. I am hoping this is something really easy that I am overlooking and just needs enabling or something. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks! :eek:

2. richard94

richard94

try uninstalling roxio. this is always a good start when you have trouble with your PC (not uninstalling Roxio, uninstalling whatever program you first noticed the problem in)

3. appy0613

appy0613 Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I have already uninstalled Roxio and all the other programs that are doing this. No change.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!