Strange keyboard problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LukeXX

I don't have this problem with all my keyboards, but because of the serious strain on my hands for a long period of use I bought a new keyboard (A4 Tech KBS-28MU PS/2).
In gaming I get quite frustrated when this problem occurs, and I'll describe is as best I can.

Situation 1) Game (Need for Speed series..)
I hold down shift for NOS or space for brakes, as I attempt to use directional keys to turn left or right to turn, nothing happens and I have to let go of shift to gain the use of my directional keys.

Situation 2) Game (Battlefield 2)
I hold down a keypad key to drop bombs while using (W and A to accelerate and move rudder), and the arrow keys to move the nose and tail and as I hold Ins (0) to drop bombs I have to let go of the Ins key (which needs to be held down for a good 2-3 seconds).
I cannot control the movement of the plane. Going at 300mph doing a nosedive and trying to drop my load usually ends up in pulling out to late because I cannot steer (and death). This also makes dogfights impossible when using the cannon).

The same applies to funtions in other games that usually involve holding down space, ctrl, alt, tab etc in conjunction with another key.

dustyjay

Jay
Actually this might be better answered by someone in the gaming forum. It could be that the Particular keyboard is not suited for Gaming.

LukeXX

As I just bought this keyboard and I'm not exactly full of money, I'm stuck with this one.

Quite a few keyboards will not respond with more than 2 or 3 keys pressed simultaneously. Sometimes it's keys in a specific area (keypad) other times it's all keys. It's quite possible the keyboard just isn't designed to have more than 2 or 3 keys pressed at the same time. Your best bet is to to find a "Gaming" keyboard that will also be comfortable for you, or at least try another type.

Are you sure all your drivers are updated and is there a fix on the manufacturers web site? Otherwise you have to kill your wrists using your old keyboard (if you still have it), though I have seen pads you can put under keyboards but I don't think they work, or try to return the product. Even if it is 1-20 days after the return period you might still be able to return it (I got a 45 inch LCD TV and was able to return it 78 days after I bought it!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ).

LukeXX

What does Affero have to do with my keyboard problems? What the hell is Affero!

I have disabled all features of sticky keys and I have not had nearly as much problem with pressing multiple keys at once. I can't hit 5 keys at once or anything but it'll do.
I contacted A4 (the maker of the keyboard) tech's support. I included the model number of the keyboard (it is a standard wired PS2 keyboard) and yet the reply I received from tech support was "The batteries on your keyboard may be low or there is interference with the wireless technology blablabla". Talk about clueless.
The only 'drivers' available for my keyboard on A4tech's website is the software that allows you to control the functions of the multimedia keys. Not to mention that it is the most annoying piece of ** software ever. It steals focus whenever you use a keyboard shortcut (it brings up a big window to let you know what was pressed).

Close this thread now, there isn't anything more to do.
(I found a $27 Logitech Media keyboard [$AUD])

LukeXX said:
What does Affero have to do with my keyboard problems? What the hell is Affero!

I have disabled all features of sticky keys and I have not had nearly as much problem with pressing multiple keys at once. I can't hit 5 keys at once or anything but it'll do.
I contacted A4 (the maker of the keyboard) tech's support. I included the model number of the keyboard (it is a standard wired PS2 keyboard) and yet the reply I received from tech support was "The batteries on your keyboard may be low or there is interference with the wireless technology blablabla". Talk about clueless.
The only 'drivers' available for my keyboard on A4tech's website is the software that allows you to control the functions of the multimedia keys. Not to mention that it is the most annoying piece of ** software ever. It steals focus whenever you use a keyboard shortcut (it brings up a big window to let you know what was pressed).

Close this thread now, there isn't anything more to do.
(I found a $27 Logitech Media keyboard [$AUD])
first off, you close the thread by using thread tools, secondly, not for nothing but if youre playing so much that youre injuring yourself....seems foolish, you should probably let your wrist heal a bit. As someone who uses a computer on a daily bais as a job I have had my share of index and thumb problems and I can tell you once you injure your hands/wrist those injuries stay with you a long time. I realise that gaming is very, very addicting to the point where you keep trying to play even if you know you should give it a rest, just my 2 pennies, hope the new KB works out for ya.

wacor

Banned
doubt you are coming back here but take it easy Luke

you had a problem and tried to get an answer. and there did not appear to be a solution.

that is not the fault of those here

there is an old saying that buyer beware and if this was that critical of an issue to you then you needed to make sure what you were buying would do what you wanted. it is not the fault of the volunteers here if there is no solution

wacorsaut said:
doubt you are coming back here but take it easy Luke

you had a problem and tried to get an answer. and there did not appear to be a solution.

that is not the fault of those here

there is an old saying that buyer beware and if this was that critical of an issue to you then you needed to make sure what you were buying would do what you wanted. it is not the fault of the volunteers here if there is no solution
probably, as was said in thread #2 this is not really a gamers forum, mostly hardware geeks, some techies etc., for overclocking tips, this isnt a bad place to be, peculiarities of certain KB's in certain games, NOW you need a true gamers forum.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online