1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange Lagging Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Fex_, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fex_

Fex_ Thread Starter

OK, this is kind of a strange problem which I can't show you very well because there is no error messages or anything its just an anoying thing that happens.

When ever I run a movie, or anything with a lot of graphics, a game etc the PC sound and video starts to jutter and lag heaps! I formatted the computer a few weeks back which fixed it and now its just started randomly doing it again. Could this be some kind of driver issue or something?

Cheers.

2. pehbond

pehbond

possible. is your power supply ok or perhaps it is dying. also have you checked teh connectors to your graphics card and the fans on your cpu and the graphics card

3. Fex_

Fex_ Thread Starter

Yes well I'll try checking all my cables. But yes the power supply is the one thing which I have not yet upgraded. Its over two years old and the rest of my parts are very new, maybe I should buy a new one.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would first try the newest driver for soundcard. What program are you playing the movie with? Do you have the newest codecs?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice