1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

strange mes.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nf24eg, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nf24eg

nf24eg Thread Starter

when i made the map network drive , and i got a drive called it N as a network drive
    if i tried to access it , this mes. appear
    :confused:
    but if i right clicked this drive and choosed open or explore , it work without appearing this mes.

Attached Files:

2. draceplace

draceplace

I found this may apply to you....

This happens if there is a file named Autorun.inf in the drive's root directory. Right-click the drive and choose "open", look for this file Autorun.inf and delete it. Restart Windows.

3. nf24eg

nf24eg Thread Starter

u mean it may be in the shared folder that's on the server it self ??

4. draceplace

draceplace

If your mapping to a directory to install an application I guess this could be true. Or someone could have copied an installation package there by mistake?

5. nf24eg

nf24eg Thread Starter

sorry to tell that this drive that i mapped to is just a shared folder in on the server and all i found in it is just excel files , and this probelm happen only with the new installed windows computers , all the other working pc's working so well without any mes. or problems

6. draceplace

draceplace

Ok, all I can think of here is the computer may have a device thats not installed properly. This action some how triggers a the error response somehow(love MS!). It would seem to be drive related.

Physically check the cables to all drives (cd, disk, hard dives etc). In computer management look at 'disk management. Also check the device manager for problems. I would also select the computer at the top of device manger then do action/scan for hardware changes.. see if anything comes up.

Are you physically mapping a drive or running a script?

7. nf24eg

nf24eg Thread Starter

thank you all , it solved , i do found a HIDDEN autorun.inf file , exactly ..and i deleted it
    now it's working so well ,,, thank you all
    and have a great luck

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice