Strange Microsoft Knowledge Base Article

pyritechips

Jim
Gone but Never Forgotten
Very strange Mike!

Thanks for that [bizarre] tip; if my computer starts playing Beethoven I will shut it down and check my hardware.

If it starts playing rap I will chuck it out the window and buy a Mac! :D

Doodoodoodoo You are entering the twilight zone! :D

What bugs me is, what the Hell were you researching to come across that? ;)

Being British, my machine plays Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" in full 44K Stereo when it gets too dusty inside of course! :rolleyes:

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
"During normal operation or in Safe mode, your computer may play "Fur Elise" or "It's a Small, Small World" seemingly at random. This is an indication sent to the PC speaker from the computer's BIOS that the CPU fan is failing or has failed, or that the power supply voltages have drifted out of tolerance. This is a design feature of a detection circuit and system BIOSes developed by Award/Unicore from 1997 on."

Is that on ALL pc's or just the classic ones! :D

I was told when I bought my current HP computer that if it started playing Fur Elise, shut down everything NOW. Because the hard drive was burning up?? Luckly, I've never heard that song on my computer.

Some computer fans contain music circuitry as well on the older systems so when the fan failed the music circuitry would be powered by the change in voltage to warn the user of the condition. (y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online