1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BenBrausen, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BenBrausen

BenBrausen Thread Starter

I woke up this morning and my monitor won't work. I checked the connections and nothing. I hooked another monitor up to the computer and it works fine. Then I hooked the "bad" one to another computer and it works fine on that computer. What would be causing this? I've run a virus scan and disk check and nothing is wrong there. The "bad" monitor comes out of power save mode (yellow light turns green) when you move the mouse just like it should but the screen stays black. You can hear it make the staticy noise and hear the power kick in like it should. I tried hooking the "bad" monitor up with both the normal cable and R, G, B, Bl, Wh connection and neither work on my computer (but they both work on another PC).

2. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Does it show your POST (Power On Self Test) & the Windows startup screens ?
    If its just the desktop not showing , it could be a refresh rate problem or the resolution of your desktop is set to high to be displayed by your monitor.

Wow Spell Checker didn't find any mistakes :D

3. BenBrausen

BenBrausen Thread Starter

It shows the startup screen and then goes away. But I didn't change any kinda settings on it. :-(

4. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Hmmm sounds like refresh rate or resolution problem.
    Connect the other monitor ,
    change the resolution to a lower setting lets say 800*600 ,
    change the refresh frequency to 60Hz in the advanced display properties , tab monitor & check there if your monitor is displayed correctly.

Reconnect the other 1 & if ya start changing the settings up again , test them before making them permanent !

Good luck (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice