strange mouse keyboard operation,virus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pantsdavies

hey people, was hoping you could help a newbie?

not sure if this is a virus problem , software or hardware problem

im running XP sp2 with norton internet sercurity 2005, and try to keep my computer clean as possible using various programs, but something strange has happened

my brother gave me a disc called (most amazing disc in the world) I know I should have checked the disc for virus's but I didnt as my brother had used it, anyway i noticed that the numlock, capslock and scroll lock lights on the keyboard started flashing together everytime I moved the mouse, odd I thought then I realised that the computer was acting as if shift key was being held in, but it wasnt,,then as if the ctrl key was being held in, but it wasnt!!:confused:
I changed the keyboard but still the same,,ran norton and it found 6 virus on my pc from the disc, bugger I thought so i formatted my computer and installed Xp again

all has been well for 5 weeks until it has just started happening again, about 5 mins after the 3 lights started flashing, norton detected a virus and said it had deleted it

anyhow the shift,alt,ctrl buttons are playing up again, I cant type until the keyboard decides to let me

I have searched the world trying to fix this problem but to no avail until I took my computer to work one of the fellas to have a look, after a few hours of deleting keyboard drivers, searching google and search logs etc, we stumbles across that if you unplug the ps2 mouse and use a USB mouse then all is well

I could format again but would really like to suss this out so I can solve the problem if it happens again, any advice would be great I could just continue using this USB mouse but I hate the thought that my computer isnt well and would like to know why

cheers
regards
Pants

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online