1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange noise coming from laptop..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raspberrytreeo, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raspberrytreeo

raspberrytreeo Thread Starter

Hiya, i have a HP pavillion notebook (dv1355EA) for well over a year now but in this last month ive heard a mosquito type noise coming from my speakers. The noise comes on and off but is getting more frequent, i either have to wait for it to stop or mute my speakers to get it to stop. It sometimes comes on slightly before the fans start up and stops when they stop, but sometimes the fans work without the noise.

It plays over any music or DVD i play but have noticed that it doesnt make the noise if i use the Quickstart Dvd without loading up windows. Have also at times noticed the hard drive loading noise coming through the speakers aswell which can be stopped by switching my speakers off.

Have reloaded all the original drivers and restarted a number of times but its still there. Have even tried to hoover out the fans to remove any dust i could. I was thinking that maybe the sound card is damaged in some way of that its maybe overheating, but im all out of ideas as the noise is still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou!!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like perhaps the switching P/S is being coupled into the sound. If it just started happening, it could be lose screws/shielding in the laptop causing the issue. It could also be one of the fans dying, since DC brushless fans can generate such interference if they're failing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice