1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange occurence with my laptop

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mojowon, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojowon

mojowon Thread Starter

Okay guys, I had something strange happen to my laptop. My Gateway laptop has Vista Home Premium OS. I started my laptop and the login window came on as usual. I put in my password like I have for months with caps lock off and entered the correct password. It responded with the computer not recognizing the password. I tried to enter into Bios and change the password in Bios and still I was not able to login. So, obviously there was some kind of problem. I tried using Hirens 12 to change the password to no avail. So, just sitting around I thought of using my Avanquest Professional Utilities 11 rescue disc. The rescue disc worked. I was able to delete the old or changed password to login. The first thing I noticed was that the security icon had changed in the bottom task bar in the lower right part of the screen. It was red and said I needed to check the security settings. Well, the antivirus was no longer there nor was the firewall. Second, I went to use the recovery system built in Vista OS and noticed I was not able to access the recovery system to go back to a previous time or do a complete recovery. So, now I am sitting here with a laptop that does not have security or a recovery system. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to get my laptop back to working order. Everything else seems to work just fine. Thanks in advance for help.

2. Ccucu

Ccucu

check for malware on your system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice