1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange OE behaviour

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nolly, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolly

nolly Thread Starter

Ok, please bear with me as I'm not very 'tech'

I have 3 identities in OE. When I want to switch identites, say, go from A to B I click on B and then OK. I'm then asked if I want to keep the internet connection for the next identity and I click YES. Then, I'm prompted to choose an identity because
    "There is no current identity.
    Select your identity name below. To add or modify an identity, click Manage Identities"
    Very irritating to be asked twice every time so to avoid this, I thought I would go to Manage Identites and click Use this Identity (I chose A) when starting a program. When the window re-opens, it's back at A and not B.
    I don't understand. :confused:
    I am running XP and have OE 6.

2. nolly

nolly Thread Starter

Anyone? *sob*

3. scmazter

scmazter

Err, niether do I understand.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

If you have 3 emails, may I suggest putting them all into one identity?
    Do it by choosing the identity, going to umm i think tools, accounts, mail add account.

I have this setup working for years, and it only stuffs up once in a few weeks (and then fixes itself).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice