Strange Outgoing Connections

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lbb87

First I want to say that I've scanned my computer with my antivirus software and used two online virus scanners and my computer is clean. I've also scanned it with spyware/adware programs such as Ad-Aware and a few online spyware scanners and my computer is clean. I have a firewall properly installed/configured and have had no security problems at all recently.

The problem started around Feb. 10 when I discovered that svchost.exe tries to make outgoing connections to download.microsoft.co (64.215.169.168) every 10 minutes on TCP port 80. I've had svchost blocked by firewall for the past three years and I've never had any problems doing that until Feb. 10. I have Automatic Windows Updates set to disabled/manual as I like to install the updates myself so I know exactly what's going on. In those cases I allow svchost to connect to Microsoft. It appears that the IP address belongs to Global Crossing and not Microsoft which makes me very suspicious. It's also tried making outgoing connections to c7.zedo.com.

I can't figure out why all of a sudden svchost is trying to make this connection and if it's legitimate. It may be no big deal but I'd still like to know what's going on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last year around this time, svchost was trying to make connections to time.windows.com but the IP address did not belong to Microsoft.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts