Strange PC issues (don't know cause)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manski88

I have had issues with my computer for over a year, when in christmas of 2015 after adding ram I had boot issues. Long story short, over a year later I have replaced my power supply, tried many ram configurations and am almost definite the problem is motherboard based. Although my computer often operates totally normally, sometimes strange problems occur. When booting up, I often can't login, as when I try, for whatever reason, almost no system files can be found, including all of my hard drive's files and most of the windows files on my ssd. Except some files for programs like skype, which cause error messages about some different programs that can't open to pop up. Only my Recycle bin appears on my desktop. Strangely, I can log on usually if I wait about 20 minutes on the log in screen without actually logging on. Every other part of my system seems fine, but strange errors occur almost always on boot. Recently I have began to have problems occur whilst my pc is logged in. Usually, I get lots of lag and stutter, then my pc claims that my hard drive has disconnected. It is possible that my motherboard was damaged by static electricity when I put the new ram in over a year ago, as I had had it and it functioned fine for about 5 months. Sometimes when turning of my computer, I get an error message about some referenced memory which could not be written. Any help would be appreciated as my knowledge on motherboards is minimal, other than that needed to build a pc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts