Strange Power On Behaviour on newly built PC

Arty24

I have built a new PC using a Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and a Sandisk SSD. I loaded Win 10 and everything seemed to have installed just fine. However when I powered on following morning I got the message
"Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key".
So I pressed ON switch to shut device down and then pressed the ON switch again and it loaded just fine. Then for the rest of the day it booted up just fine every time I switched it off.

The following morning and ever since the same thing happens. I have tried the following:

1. Reseating drive and power and SATA cables.
2. Removing battery on motherboard to reset BIOS
3. Wiping Disk and reloading windows from scratch
4. Trying to repair Bootrec by choosing repair option on Win 10 media USB I had created & following instructions found on the web.

None of these have made any difference. I would understand if it would boot. What I am unable to understand is that it boots quite happily the second time I power the PC on.

Any ideas gratefully received.

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan
Please post the make and full model details of your power supply

However when I powered on following morning I got the message
"Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
Is the install media still loaded on the PC...ie USB drive or DVD? Have you changed the boot order back to the primary HDD/SSD? If not, that can produce the error message you're getting.

crjdriver

I checked the support page for your motherboard and the latest bios does address boot issues/time. Are you running the latest bios?

Next item. Have you checked for firmware updates for your ssd? If not, do so.

Some motherboards will have a setting where you can adjust the amount of time the board "Looks" for drives. I looked at your manual and it does not appear you have this option.

Arty24

In reply to bassfisher6522 - Yes I have removed USB install media.

In reply to crjdriver - I believe I am running lates BIOS version it is F50. This morning I rebuilt device using a regular WDC HDD and it seems to have loaded and starts up just fine so I am really now suspecting the SSD. I'll look for firmware updates for the SSD as you suggested. Thanks, I'll keep you informed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online