1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Strange Problem After Replacing Screen Toshiba Satellite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StephenH208, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephenH208

StephenH208 Thread Starter

I have just replaced the screen of a Toshiba Satellite laptop (A665). The previous screen had been broken when someone stepped on the top of the laptop. Structurally, though, the laptop was just fine. The broken screen lit up in senseless brilliance.

After I replaced the screen the laptop will not power up. I immediately thought it could be: 1) cables came unplugged when I remounted the panel 2) faulty new screen 3) motherboard.

I've really been hoping against motherboard. And something strange is happening that makes me think it might not be the whole board.

The laptop powers on for five seconds, fans blaring and everything, and then shuts off. It almost reminds me of when my Xbox red-ringed and would no longer even start up (finally forcing me to repair it). It does this with the new screen, the old screen, and no screen at all. There doesn't seem to be any difference.

In my experience, when a motherboard goes there's no getting it to turn back on. Which is what confuses me. I'm at a loss here, aside from the thought that it might be the screen cable, and I can't really afford to have a professional take a look at it (as I've already spent money on the new screen).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Abriam26

Abriam26

Open the laptop carefully and check for loose cables or damage?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Check if it gives a display on an external monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089156

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice