Strange Problem After Replacing Screen Toshiba Satellite

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StephenH208

I have just replaced the screen of a Toshiba Satellite laptop (A665). The previous screen had been broken when someone stepped on the top of the laptop. Structurally, though, the laptop was just fine. The broken screen lit up in senseless brilliance.

After I replaced the screen the laptop will not power up. I immediately thought it could be: 1) cables came unplugged when I remounted the panel 2) faulty new screen 3) motherboard.

I've really been hoping against motherboard. And something strange is happening that makes me think it might not be the whole board.

The laptop powers on for five seconds, fans blaring and everything, and then shuts off. It almost reminds me of when my Xbox red-ringed and would no longer even start up (finally forcing me to repair it). It does this with the new screen, the old screen, and no screen at all. There doesn't seem to be any difference.

In my experience, when a motherboard goes there's no getting it to turn back on. Which is what confuses me. I'm at a loss here, aside from the thought that it might be the screen cable, and I can't really afford to have a professional take a look at it (as I've already spent money on the new screen).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Check if it gives a display on an external monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online