1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

strange problem extra slow booting

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lellyville, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lellyville

lellyville Thread Starter

my laptop is very slow to start-up I get the "Please Wait" before the login screen. Once I do log in I get the error:

"Failed to connect to a windows service.

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond."

it happened after i installed k-lite codec pack because my windows dvd maker was crashing none stop, and now it takes forever to boot into windows.

ok so safemode doesn't work i just get a cursor and stuck there for 15 minutes or so,
    tried startup repair and doesn't help :(
    tried chkdsk but says i can't do it so i tried with safemode but no luck
    tried system restore, restore to the last point which was removing steam
    tried last good know configuration didn't work

should also mention before startup takes 5 secs now 5 minutes.

running out of ideas help? plzzz

2. w7pro

w7pro

I'm surprised that system restore didn't work. If you're able to, you might want to backup your data and consider doing a clean install of Windows 7. Admittedly, this is rather extreme, but it seems like you've tried most of the reasonable options.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. lellyville

lellyville Thread Starter

yea i'm gonna use linux live and boot in and see what wtf is going on.. doesnt make sense now i cant even boot into windows just a cursor hanging there now

I just dont get how can this happen :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice